7 Best PHP Frameworks that you Need to Understand in 2021
Programmers design almost 80 percent of websites using the PHP framework. PHP helps developers create high-quality and popular websites such as Facebook, Flickr, Wikipedia, MailChimp, Twitter, etc. This framework is the first choice for every professional developer. Many developers consider web development one of the most challenging tasks when designing a website. It becomes even more challenging when you need to perform a repetitive task. However, the PHP framework helps web developers to develop high-quality and accurate websites quickly.
What is a PHP Framework?
PHP framework helps in developing PHP web applications. This platform includes solutions that help developers solve problems they face while designing a website. The reason why this platform has become popular is its ability to make repetitive tasks easy. You can reinvent the tasks without impacting the responsiveness. Furthermore, it increases productivity and reduces errors.
Why You Should Understand PHP Framework
PHP framework contains various products, tools, and solutions, making your development process faster. You do not have to spend your time searching for different libraries, but you can start with fully functional templates. That makes this platform even exciting and user-friendly.
Benefits of PHP Framework in Business Strategy
Using the PHP framework, you can speed the web development process through templates and other essential features. The maintenance of this platform is easy, as most of the platforms support model-view-controller. Furthermore, you do not have to write extensive source code. You can work with the database efficiently with a clean and maintained source code to define each functionality the right way. PHP platforms will provide you maximum security and include an easy to maintain the structure. Top PHP Frameworks that You Should Understand
1. Symfony Framework
This open-source HP platform is one of the best web development frameworks, with components and libraries that you can reuse. This platform is quite reliable and stable, a significant reason why thousands of programmers across the globe prefer it over others.
- This platform is time-saving.
- The security feature is up to date.
- Symfony is easy to maintain.
- Highly flexible so that new users can use this platform with ease.
- The performance of the application may slow down when many users log into to at the same time.
- When designing a pattern, you need to have a lot of knowledge about how this PHP platform works.
2. Laminas Framework
Previously known as the Zend framework, programmers designed this platform based on an MVC or model-view-controller pattern. The extensive collection of PHP packages allows you to develop web services and applications according to your preference.
- The tools for the front-end are cutting-edge.
- You can easily set-up MVC application.
- This platform support third-party components.
- Easily customizable.
- You need to learn the fundamentals of this platform before using it.
- The plug-ins are expensive.
3. Magento 2 Framework
This platform is almost ten years old. Magento has become one of the best platforms for the e-commerce web application. The final result you get by using this platform is fantastic.
- The interface is robust and contains every feature that a web developer needs.
- Magento is entirely customizable.
- It contains templates making web development tasks easy.
- Saves a lot of time and effort in developing web applications.
- You can perform functions in depth.
- Long launching time because of multiple layers.
- The platform is very costly
4. Laravel Framework
This open-source platform is free and easy to use. This application is perfect to use if you want to develop an MVP or model-view-controller platform with an architectural platform. The syntax is elegant and expressive.
- This platform has high security
- You will find huge libraries.
- Encrypted packets
- New and improved architecture.
- Fast loading time
- This platform allows you to develop modern style web application.
- Shared hosting could use some improvements
- You will find difficulty in transferring legacy systems to Laravel.
5. CodeIgniter Framework
This PHP platform is popular because of small footprints and high speeds. Developers all around the globe consider this platform useful. Plus, the community of the Codeigniter framework is enormous, ensuring you can find solutions to your problems.
- You will find this platform easy to set-up.
- CodeIgniter is easily customizable and easy to extend.
- This platform includes built-in security features.
- CodeIgniter contains small footprints.
- This PHP program lack collection of libraries.
- Poorly maintained codes.
6. FuelPHP Framework
This is another open-source platform famous among developers. You will find FuelPHP flexible, simple, and fast. The security levels are high and include extensive sets of templates allowing users to start working on your project efficiently.
- The community is very active.
- Advanced security features.
- FuelPHP is integrated with ORM modular.
- This platform is not ideal for new users.
- The support system is a bit lower, as this platform is new and needs developments and updates.
7. Phalcon Framework
This platform is a full-stack. You can use it by relying on web server extensions. This will reduce storage usage, boost the speed, and handle HTTP requests faster. It would be fair to say that this framework is vastly different from other PHP platforms.
- Phalcon has a fast interface.
- You can customize this platform with Zephir
- The coding in this platform is secure and comfortable.
- The structure of the projects is flexible.
- You need to provide administrative or root access to install Phalcon
- The extension is too complicated, and you may find difficulty in installing and sharing the host.
PHP frameworks are robust platforms that save you a lot of effort and time to develop web applications. However, you need to learn how to use a PHP Framework to gain maximum control over your web development tasks. If you are looking to learn web development through Magento 2 platform, you can contact us. At Mage Mastery, we help you understand web development through video lessons and online courses.